The sealant that is suitable for building a house is polyurethane sealant. The equipment used is chicken leather tape, foam filling line, good quality PU gun with high compressive strength, water mixed with liquid soap.
Note : Read more articles about building a house at trendyhome.co.th
Step 1 Take the chicken skin masking tape. Close the edge of the groove that will be grouted on both sides.
Step 2 Fire the PU to fill the groove along the seam.
Step 3 When the grout is finished, dip your finger in soapy water. Swipe to make it smooth.
Step 4 When the decoration is smooth, gently pull off the chicken skin glue. Let it dry for 3-4 days before you can paint over it.
**Example of non-sealed wall Choose to show the grooves and paint the internal grooves. In order to save costs because Pu sealant is expensive, the price is 200-300 baht per tube.
Fiber-cement joint work
Suitable sealant material is acrylic sealant.
fiber cement not a large sheet And the joints are not very long, so they do not expand much like fiber cement boards.
Makes it more convenient to use acrylic sealant because it is easy to swipe and paint quickly and dries quickly within 1 day.
Example of sealing fiber cement joints with acrylic sealant.
Example of sealing the joints of wood, fiber cement floors with acrylic sealant. and joint sealant
- Helps prevent water from seeping into the rust-preventing steel joist.
- Prevent the air or cold air out. For internal work that is equipped with air conditioners
- Raise the groove to prevent dust from getting into the joint trace. and difficult to clean
- Allows the background to be colored. look neater
Example of bathroom wall: Fiber cement board 10 mm.
- Use PU Sealant to seal the wall joints, wall corners and paint over.
- Use white silicone Sealant, anti-fungal formula, sealant, tile edge and wall.
- Use tile grout. Anti-fungal formula, joint sealant, ceramic tile
***Warning, acrylic sealant should not be used to seal the fiber board joints. cement/cement board because flexibility is not enough will cause cracks later
Sealant work that should be emphasized
The home builder company must use acrylic sealant, sealant, siding, including window sills, doors, fan frames, and ventilation to prevent water from getting inside. It will help not to rust and corrode the steel frame, prolong the service life as well as prevent traces. where small insects can enter the interior
***Example: Sealing the joints with acrylic sealant will help to make the paint job look professional and neat without holes or unsightly joint marks.
Summary of putty work, screw head, joint sealant
screw head filling
- Fill the screw head, board and fiber cement board with acrylic filler (chemical putty) and for cracks that are not more than 2.0 mm.
- Fill the cracks of fiber cement board size 2-10 mm. with acrylic sealant302 and acrylic filler overlay. and then polished to smooth
- Fill the gypsum board screw heads with gypsum powder. Do not put gypsum powder. Board and wood fiber cement
- Use putty. just plug the screw headBoard and wood fiber cement only. especially the floor fiber cement should not be putty in a wide area
- Filling of wood screws with fiber cement floors. Only cover the screw head. Use your fingertips to smooth out the excess and wipe off the excess. Do not polish with sandpaper.
- Fiber cement wood should be grouted. Along the seam only and make the seam smooth. Do not put over the joints overflowing to the sides.
- Sealant work. Fiber cement board, use polyurethane sealant only.
- Sealant work. Wood/wood, fiber cement floor, use acrylic sealant.
- Sealing joints, tiles, glass, sanitary ware using silicone sealant to prevent mold.
- Sealant work. Exterior aluminum doors and windows, isoval walls use silicone sealant to prevent UV.
Primer work Board/fiber cement board/cement board/gypsum board
There are 2 types of primers in the market.
New cement primer is a white water-based primer for newly plastered concrete walls. It has never been painted over before.
Old cement primer is an oil-based primer, clear color, with a pungent smell for dusty surfaces. An old plaster surface that has been plastered for a long time or an old plaster wall that has been painted before. want to repaint
for primer paint
- Fiber cement board
- Fiber cement lumber
- (except for fiber cement floors)
- cement board
- gypsum board
**Unpainted, use old cement primers.
paint as a primer
Buying an old cement primer recommends a primer that has passed.
Standard TIS 1177-2556 (2013) Primer for dusty surfaces
How to apply an old cement primer, oil formula
Mask is recommended to cover the nose to prevent toxic chemicals from evaporating. Inhalation in large quantities may cause dizziness, dizziness, nausea.
Primer for old cement, oil formula, clear color, has excellent adhesion strength. But there is a limitation on the pungent smell, clear oil formula. Makes the topcoat less beautiful and shiny Unlike the new cement primer, white texture. In the fiber cement primer work, there will be
There are two types of primers that can be used interchangeably. for fiber cement, gypsum
- Primer for old cement, water-based formula, clear film (not pungent smell)
- Primer for new and old cement, water-based formula, white film, no pungent odor, and can be painted over quickly to get a glossy finish. no wasted topcoat